Hope you are enjoying your summer!
More from Adventure Jordan:
- Introducing the Jordan Trail [Smithsonian Magazine]
- This is the Best Way to See Jordan [AFAR]
- Beyond the Natural Wonders: Finding Inspiration and Peace in Jordan [My Jordan Journey]
Sites to Visit While in: Scattered across Jordan are a vast number of significant religious sites that have brought tourists from across the globe. These well-maintained holy sites have sought to preserve the history and culture of the country. Mount Nebo is supposedly where Moses looked down at the Holy Land and also where he was buried. Bethany Beyond the Jordan is where Jesus was said to have been baptized. See the full post on our blog: Five Holy Sites to Visit While in Jordan.
Upwards of 150 performers from 10 different countries made their way to the Roman Amphitheatre in Amman for a production of Giuseppe Verdi’s La Traviata. Led by Jordanian soprano Zeina Barhoum, the opera performance was well-received and is expected to encourage Jordan to further develop its opera culture. See more!
More News on Jordan Events:
- Thousands Flock to Opening Days of Jerash Festival [Jordan Times]
More on Filming in Jordan:
- 50 Awesome Filming Locations You Can Visit [MSN]
- Take a Walk on Mars [My Jordan Journey]
- Ridley Scott and Matt Damon on Going to Jordan to Recreate Mars [Yahoo]
Friday, July 7, marked the 10th anniversary of Petra being named one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. UNESCO has described it to be “one of the most precious cultural properties of man’s cultural heritage.” It was chosen by Smithsonian Magazine as one of the “28 Places to See Before You Die.” Read more here!
- 10 Amazing Things to do in… Jordan [Condé Nast Traveller]
- Why Travel to the Middle East is on the Rise [Vogue]
- Hello Humankindness: From Jordan back to Bakersfield [Kern Golden]
- All-Female Jordanian Robotics Team Takes Part in First Global 2017 International Challenge [Jordanian Embassy]
- TripAdvisor: check out our profile page on TripAdvisor, which will be updated with the latest events, news, travel deals, and content.
- Wadi Rum: “It's a strange thing to travel from a green part of the planet to a red one that feels like another planet. The experience is obviously a highlight for most people. Jeep tour, dinner, night in the desert, breakfast - Easy to rinse and repeat too and not be bored. The best times to be out are really dawn and dusk as the desert colors are astonishingly vibrant. Quite beautiful in silence or accompanied by the sound of an Oud.” See more at TripAdvisor.
- Feynan Ecolodge: “The most wonderful getaway in the beautiful Dana Nature Reserve. We spent 2 nights and could see ourselves staying a week. The hike down the river bed is recommended. Food is great, stargazing a real eye opener. Thank you to the people working there for giving us such a warm welcome! You are the best.” See more.
- Facebook: "I have always loved Jordan since I was there in the early 1970's doing archaeology work. I have ALWAYS wanted to go back. And If I ever had a large income windfall I would be living there as an ex-pat as soon as possible… the "native" Jordanian people were about the friendliest and most welcoming of any I found in my overseas travels and the country is mind-bogglingly beautiful." [Wayne S.] See more.
Have you been to Jordan and want to share about your experience or are you thinking of going to Jordan and want to know what people thought? Either way visit our testimonials page to join the conversation!